The cover can be customized for:
- General Cargo movements of Industries like Chemicals, Pharma, Engineering, etc.
- Bulk Cargo involving Oil, Coal, Fertilisers etc.
- Project Cargo involving heavy project equipments.
Some of the factors determining the premiums are:
- Nature of Cargo & its Packing
- Value of Cargo per Truck /Trailer /Container Load
- Accumulation of Cargo Value at Port of Discharge or on the Vessel
- Mode of Conveyance and Age of Vessel
- Open Deck, Under Deck and Over Dimensional Cargo
The sum insured has to be carefully chosen which shall cover the Invoice Value, Freight and other incidental expenses. Though Marine Insurance is an freely assignable interest the contract of Sale viz; Free on Board (FOB), Cost, Insurance & Freight (CIF), Cost & Freight (C&F), Ex-Works etc shall deteremine who will buy the policy.
Disclaimer: The above is a broad indication. The actual available are as described in the policy wordings of the insurance company and will be subject to the policy terms, conditions and exclusions.