This privacy notice applies to all of the services, websites and apps offered by Anand Rathi Insurance Brokers Ltd. (collectively, the “Services”), but excludes services that have separate privacy notices that do not incorporate this privacy notice.
Anand Rathi Insurance Brokers Ltd. (“We” or “us”) that provides each Service, is primarily responsible for the personal information collected and held in relation to that Service. A description of Anand Rathi Insurance Brokers Ltd. Services and our contact details are available at: https://anandrathiinsurance.com/Home/ContactUs
Note that we may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you, or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we may have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of these obligations. We will inform you at the time your information is collected if the provision of certain personal information is compulsory and the consequences of the failure to provide such personal information.
1.1. Information we collect directly from you
Depending on the Service, website, or app that you are using, the categories of information that we may collect directly from you include:
- personal details (e.g., name, date of birth);
- contact details (e.g., phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number);
- government-issued identification details (e.g., social security and national insurance numbers, passport details);
- health and medical details (e.g., health certificates);
- policy details (e.g., policy numbers and types);
- bank details (e.g., payment details, account numbers and sort codes);
- driving license details;
- online log-in information (e.g., username, password, answers to security questions);
- information relating to any claims;
- other information we receive from you on applications or required questionnaires (e.g., occupation, current employer); and
- information we collect automatically from you (e.g., clickstream data, personal information and other data collected using cookies and other device identifying technologies (‘Cookies’)).
We do collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. When we see a browser set to “do not track”, signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our sites, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
1.2. Information we collect from other sources:
The categories of information that we may collect about you from other sources are:
- personal details (e.g., name, date of birth);
- contact details (e.g., phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number);
- bank details (e.g., account numbers and sort codes);
- financial information from consumer-reporting agencies for the purpose of ascertaining credit history; and
- policy details (e.g., policy numbers and types).
We may receive such information via other insurers, consumer-reporting agencies, our affiliated companies, or other third parties in the course of conducting our business.
- information about your race, ethnic origin, religious views and philosophical beliefs, membership of professional or trade associations, gender identity or sexual orientation for diversity and statutory monitoring purposes where appropriate; and
- health, biometric or disability information required to administer policies or process claims.
We may use your personal information to:
- provide, maintain, protect and personalize our services including insurance products, consulting and broking services;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- perform system administration and report aggregate statistical information to our advertisers;
- cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies;
- contact you with marketing and offers relating to services offered by us (unless you have opted out of marketing, or we are otherwise prevented by law from doing so);
- personalize the marketing messages we send you to make them more relevant and interesting and to customize and enhance your website or app experience;
- resolve complaints, as well as handle requests for data access or correction;
- protect your, our or others’ rights and interests; and
- communicate with you regarding your account or changes to our policies, terms and conditions.
Some jurisdictions require a legal basis to use or process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfill our contractual obligations to you in connection with your policy or contract with us, for example using your contact details to reply to your requests. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of these contractual obligations;
- in order to comply with our legal obligations, for example, to keep records of the services we provide you with, as required by applicable law or regulation, or to comply with any governmental, quasi-governmental, or court orders or subpoenas;
- where there is a public interest in the processing, for example where it is necessary in order to prevent and detect fraud; and
- to meet our or a third party’s legitimate interests, for example, to understand how you use our services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that to develop new services, to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to resolve any disputes. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to help ensure that your privacy is protected and that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
You may have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include rights in certain circumstances to:
- access your personal information;
- request proof of the authorization or previous consent given to us to perform the collection and processing of the personal information;
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use or disclosure of your personal information;
- object to our use or disclosure of your personal information;
- request information about the use and processing of your personal information;
- request information about the use and processing of your personal information by any of the processing agency appointed by company;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to know about your data processing and use by any third party data processor);
- request your personal information held by our company to be transferred to any other service provider subject to feasible portability under the law of land and regulatory bodies (right to portability)
- revoke the consent given by you for the processing of your personal information; or
- lodge a complaint with our appointed data protection officer.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, as applicable under local law, please contact our designated data protection officer.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
We may automatically process your personal information to make decisions or conduct ‘profiling’ about you. This may involve using software that is able to evaluate your personal aspects and predict risks or outcomes. We may carry out this automatic processing for general business purposes including, for example, advertising, risk assessment or fraud prevention. The processing may involve decisions about you that relate to Services offered by use or your eligibility to use such Services. The significance of our actions in this connection is that, it may have legal or similar effects for you, namely, availability of access to Services. The logic involved may be related to our cookies policy, or it may be related to specific underwriting software, for example.
We will only make these kinds of automated decisions about you where:
- such decisions are necessary for entering into a contract. For example, we may decide not to offer Services to you, or we may decide on the types or amount of Services that are suitable for you, or how much to charge you for our Services based on your credit history and other financial or related information we have collected about you;
- such decisions are required or authorized by law, for example for underwriting or fraud prevention purposes; or
- you give your consent to us carrying out automated decision-making.
Subject to local legal requirements and limitations, you can contact us to request further information about automated decision-making, object to our use of automated decision-making, or request an automated decision to be reviewed by a human being.
We may also make automated decisions about you, based on your personal information in the circumstances such as: selecting personalized offers, discounts or recommendations that we may offer based on your shopping history or browsing history, subject to any applicable laws or regulations.
These types of decisions will not have legal or similar effects on you, but you can still contact us for further information.
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes described in this privacy notice under the following circumstances :
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners for the purpose of insurance solicitation, providing pre/post sale services, claims servicing and providing you any other services as permissible under applicable laws
- We may share your personal information when it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of investigation including cyber incidents, where we believe to comply with a legal and regulatory obligations, to enforce or apply any agreements between us and you, to resolve any disputes, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties other than to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a merger, reorganization, or acquisition of our business, or a sale, liquidation, or transfer of some or all of our assets.
Because we operate as part of a global business, the recipients referred to above may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the Services). See the section on “International Data Transfer” below for more information.
When required by applicable law, when we share personal information with corporate third parties we will ensure that such third parties maintain a comparable level of protection of the personal information as set out in this privacy notice by using contractual or other means. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all liability arising from the use of your personal information by third parties. When required by applicable law, data transfers will be logged and documented, identifying the recipient of the data, the purpose of the transmission, and the type of data that was transmitted. Where required by law to do so, we can on request confirm the name of each third party that personal information is, or will be, transferred to.
We implement technical, organizational, administrative and physical measures to help ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we collect, use, disclose and process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the ongoing integrity and confidentiality of personal information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to help ensure the security of the processing. Please be aware that, despite our ongoing efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We restrict access to your personal information to those who require access to such information for legitimate, relevant business purposes.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- comply with record retention requirements under the law;
- defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims; and
- deal with any complaints regarding the Services.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the personal information.
We may transfer certain personal information across geographical borders to our service providers (working in conjunction with us or on our behalf) worldwide. Such transfers are made in accordance with applicable law.
If you are based in the European Union, you should be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law.
If you are based outside of the European Union, you should be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a jurisdiction that is not your home jurisdiction.
You consent to the transfer, disclosure, storage and/or processing of your personal information outside the jurisdiction (i.e. in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law; or in any other case, a jurisdiction that is not your home jurisdiction, as mentioned above) in which the information was originally collected.
We have put in place appropriate safeguardsin accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in your country of residence.
Where changes to this privacy notice will have a fundamental impact on the nature of our processing of your personal information or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, we will give you sufficient advance notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise any rights you may have under applicable law (e.g. to object to the processing).
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and;
- recognize you when you return to our site.
We at Anand Rathi Insurance Brokers Limited are committed to provide Customised Solutions to all our Customers, Statutory and Regulatory requirements.
Further we are committed towards the continual improvement of our Solutions and Services to Delight our Customers. We assure it to determine and attenuate the risks and opportunities in order to avoid any non-conformities of our Services.
We will provide an empowered, transparent, learning and rewarding work culture for our employees to excel through commitment, accountability and innovation in competitive business environment.